I’m convinced that scrapbooking is a disease.
I absolutely love to scrapbook, but I never seem to have enough time to keep up with it. That guilty feeling of always being “behind” is awful. (I’m currently about 5-7 years behind, trying to maintain albums for all three of my children, in addition to a family vacation-themed album.) Nevertheless, I keep plugging away. Someday, I’ll catch up, right? The eternal optimist…
And I know I’m not alone. I think every one of my scrapbook-addicted friends is in the same boat. We’re all in this madness together. Part of the struggle is staying organized… downloading pictures, labeling/tagging them, having them printed, finding the right supplies–whether you’re using scissors and paper in hand or going online to “virtually scrapbook”–it all takes time.
However, once I get over all of those speedbumps, finding the time to scrapbook, magically turning my dining room into scrapbook heaven… it truly is a special time to re-live wonderful family memories. Now that we’ve turned the page to fall, I’m trying to organize my summer photos so that when I am finally caught up to present day scrapbooking, I’ve clearly labeled and saved all the photos that I need.
I go for long stretches without doing any scrapbooking, so when I do get back into it, I sometimes need a little inspiration to get me started. Ideas for layouts as well as theme-related quotes or titles give me a jump-start. So my friend and fellow blogger Ruth kindly loaned me some of her gorgeous scrapbooks. I’ve snapped a few pictures of some of her layouts, combined with mine, for a little summer scrapbook inspiration (both digital and traditional). I also compiled a list of some of my favorite beach-themed titles and sayings. I hope you enjoy both!
Feel free to “comment” and share your strategies for scrapbooking organization and/or inspiration… scrapbook “addicts” need all the help we can get! 🙂
Summertime / Beach Titles and Quotes:
- A day in the sun
- A day in paradise
- Beach bums
- Beach babes
- Basking in the sun
- Happy as a clam
- You are my sunshine
- Beating the heat
- Sizzling fun
- No school! School’s out!
- Tank tops & flip flops
- Time for bare feet
- Sandy toes
- Catch a wave
- Lemonade and lazy days of summer
- Hot days and cool ice-cream
- Summer Breezes
- Castles in the sand
- Blue skies & sunshine
- Sun, Sand, Sea
- Surf’s up
- The ocean heals the heart, mind, and soul. (unknown)
- “The cure for anything is salt water–sweat, tears, or the sea.” (Isak Dinesen)
- “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” (Mother Teresa)
- “Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.” (unknown)
- “The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” (Jacques Cousteau)
- “Eternity begins and ends with the ocean’s tides.” (Unknown)
- “The beach is not a place to work; to read, write or to think.” (Anne Morrow Lindbergh)
- “If you want to know how much I love you, count the waves.” (unknown)
- “One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach.” ( Anne Morrow Lindbergh)